So almost as often as I post, I rewrite the site. This time I have switched it to Octopress. This is the 3rd blogging engine, I’ve used
I don’t get enough hits to justify the performance need of a static site, but it has the advantage of being one less wordpress site to maintain, and for me writting posts using markdown in vim is a definite win.
I have also taken the oportunity to switch to a small cluster I’ve setup using ByteMark’s BigV
Also a change, the code for this site is all on github. The commit history provides a nice history of the work and changes I’ve made to the standard Octopress site. This is largely in area’s of the category handling, and removing the banner. I may base some future posts on this.